What is Hot-Desking?
It is the ability for a user or a to transport virtually their phone to any station, anytime.
- To set up hot-desking you must first log in to your account and go to the Smart PBX app.
- Once you’re in the app, go ahead and click on the Users panel.
- Click on the User Features of the specified user of preference.
- Next thing you want to do is to click on the Hot-Desking button and enable it.
- Set up the Hot-Desking ID and there is an option to require a pin which we recommend. You also have the ability to allow users to login to different or multiple devices.
Hot-desking Feature Codes:
Enable Hot-Desking (*11)
This code gives you permission to login to a specific device or phone. If you dial it, you will be required to enter your ID followed by the pound sign and a pin if you happened to create one. The phone will now be activated as how the user’s phone functions.
Disable Hot-Desking (*12)
This code will successfully log you out of your phone. As soon as you have dialed the code and input your ID followed by the pound sign and the pin if necessary, you will be automatically log out of the device and all inbound calls will be redirected to the voicemail.
Toggle Hot-Desking (*13)
This code will let you toggle the status of the user’s devices. If logged in, this code logs the user out of the devices they’re currently logged into and vice versa. Just like the same codes, you need to dial the code and input your ID followed by pound sign and the pin if necessary. You will receive a prompt confirmation if it is now enabled or disabled.